Recipe: PANDAN TART WITH AVOCADO
Recipe is adapted from My Blue Tea - link below
Ingredients for Tart Shell:
1 ½ cup organic wholemeal flour
1/3 powdered sugar
100 gram cold buttery coconut spread
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
Pinch of pink
Ingredients for Filling:
1 cup coconut water
1 cup almond milk 1/3 cup caster sugar
1 tsp agar agar powder
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
To make the Crust :-
* Place all ingredients, pulse to combine well until you get a coarse crumbs texture.
* Transfer mixture to the tart pan, press firmly to the bottom and sides of the tart pan.
* Shape them well.
* Once ready, place it in the fridge to firm up.
* Right before baking, pierce all over the bottom of the tart crust with a fork.
* Then bake it at preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 20 minutes or until the edges turn to a nice golden brown shade.
* Let it cool on a wire rack while you prepare the filling.
To make the Filling :
* Add coconut water, milk, sugar and agar agar powder in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
* Let the mixture simmer until sugar and agar agar has completely dissolved. (stirring constantly to avoid jelly forming at the bottom of the pan)
* Once ready, place the avocados and 1/3 of the liquid mixture in a blender, pulse for couple of seconds until roughly combined, then add half of the remaining liquid mixture and blend again.
* Repeat for the last batch of liquid, blend until you get a very smooth texture.
* Lastly, add in the PANDAN POWDER, pulse to combine.
* Pour filling mixture over cooled tart shell, then smooth the surface with an offset spatula, gently tap the tart pan on the counter to release the air bubbles.
* Place the tart in the fridge to set for couple of hours.
* Decorate with fresh fruits or edible flowers before serving.
SavourofAsia.com.au is an authorised distributor and retailer of My Blue Tea products.
For commercial enquiry and bulk orders, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you.
Citations and References:
Recipes from https://www.mybluetea.com.au/single-post/PANDAN-TART