Balinese Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Craving for Balinese food? If you enjoy Bali and missing the amazing food, the Balinese Fried Rice (AKA Nasi Goreng in Indonesian) is delicious and so simple you can DIY (do it yourself) at the comfort of your own home.
Check out the recipe below from Founder of Bali in a Jar and Balinese Chef Desak Yoni who makes this meal easy and possible with her authentic Balinese Sauces.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serves: 1 person
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 tsp of Bali In A Jar Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of vegetables of choice (choy sum, cabbage etc)
- 100g of meat/seafood or protein of choice
- 2 tsp of “ABC” Kecap Manis (Indonesian thick sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg (fried)
- 2 slices cucumber (optional for garnish)
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add meat/seafood/protein.
- Add Bali In A Jar Chilli Paste and vegetables.
- Cook until vegetables soften.
- Add cooked rice.
- Add and stir through kecap manis and soy sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with fried egg, cucumber garnish and fried prawn cracker (AKA kerupuk udang in Indonesian). ENJOY!
Also perfect for a get-together Balinese night or picnic with friends and family.