Spicy Balinese Curry Egg (Telur Pedas)
Spicy Balinese Curry Egg (AKA Telur Pedas in Indonesian), is a common delicacy in Bali and throughout Indonesia. The Spicy Balinese Curry Egg consists of deep-fried hard-boiled eggs with spicy curry. This dish is often served with plain steamed rice, coconut rice or nasi goreng (fried rice).
Here's a recipe from founder of Bali in a Jar and Balinese Chef Desak Yoni.
Preparation time: approx. 25 minutes
Serves: 6 people
- 18 peeled boiled eggs
- 1 jar of Bali In A Jar Curry Paste
- 2 tsp of Bali In A Jar Chilli Paste
- 50 ml of “Kara” coconut cream
- A handful of chopped shallots
- 1 cup of vegetable oil to deep fry eggs
- Heat up oil in a wok, fry whole eggs until brown on all sides. Remove eggs from wok and put aside on paper towel
- Drain used oil into a bowl but leaving 2 tsp in the wok. Add whole bottle of Bali In A Jar Curry Paste, 2 tsp of Bali In A Jar Chilli Paste, coconut cream and shallots.
- Turn down heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with steamed rice and vegetables. ENJOY!